Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Goodness, mercy and unfailing love


Yesterday as we sat waiting to see the orthopedic surgeon for the review of Ken's knee cap, we read the daily devotion from Jesus Calling. Here is a portion of what it said,

Be willing to follow wherever I lead. Follow Me wholeheartedly, with glad anticipation quickening your pace. Though you don't know what lies ahead, I know; and that is enough! Some of My richest blessings are just around the bend: out of sight, but nonetheless very real. To receive these gifts, you must walk by faith - not by sight. This doesn't mean closing your eyes to what is around you. It means subordinating the visible world to the invisible Shepherd of your soul.

It would be an understatement to say that yesterday morning we were more than ready to see some of God's richest blessings.

The first blessing came with Ken's knee cap review. The splint was able to come off, he was given the ok to drive again and will start physiotherapy to strengthen his muscles.

With such positive news we walked down the corridor, feeling optimistic about Victoria's results. As soon as we went into the Oncologist's office and sat down, he said something like, 'It's looks stable to me.' I sat there a bit stunned, while Ken and the oncologist chatted about his recent holiday.

As we walked back down the corridor to book the next MRI for January, I looked on the MRI request form and it said,
July - progression; September - stable.

Gradually it started to sink in, the July scan had showed the tumour was growing, albiet slowly. News which sent us into a spin. We had been in this position before - March 2012, and the subsequent scan in June 2012 had shown growth of 40% - and then followed 15 months of chemotherapy. 

However, here we are, now, with the September scan results (last week's scan), which showed the tumour was stable - not changing, not growing. There had been no human intervention in the three months in between.

In my mind there was only one reason that tumour had stopped growing - answered prayer. So thank you to everyone who has ever prayed a prayer for our daughter.  As we walked into the hospital that morning, I had a picture in my mind of thousands of people around the world, literally  upholding Victoria in prayer - a beautiful mind-blowing picture.

Throughout these past almost five years we have seen God's mercy, grace and loving-kindness in so many ways in Victoria's life; the successful brain surgery, the effective rehabilitation, the support of family, friends, school, church, neighbours, charities, and of course the continually growing faith and hope within Victoria herself. But this grace we received yesterday was something different again. There were tears, lots and lots of tears, tears of pure joy and relief.

On Tuesday morning, before going to the hospital I shared some thoughts on my God Girl blog, including this scripture,

But there's one thing I remember,
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:
God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great is your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.
Lamentations 3:21-24 The Message

For whatever tough days come in the future, I will be remembering yesterday, remembering God's loyal and merciful love for us. We are sticking with Him. 

We praise God for the testimony of Victoria's name coming to pass yesterday - Victoria - victory, conqueror, Grace - Blessing and favour. We are fully expectant of further healing in her body, claiming the scripture God gave us for her dedication in October 2007.

Surely or only goodness, mercy and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place. Psalm 23:6 AMP

Thank you for continuing to stand with us in prayer, expecting to see and receive more of God's goodness, mercy and unfailing love in Victoria's life.






1 comment:

Crinau said...

Great news for Victoria and Ken.
love
Corinne
xxx