Friday, June 14, 2013

14th June 2013

It is a year since we found out that Victoria would have to have chemotherapy treatment to stop and hopefully reduce the tumour in her brain. Praise God, the treatment is doing exactly that.
 
Look at her now, after 49 weeks of treatment and still having treatment, so still full of life. For this we give God the glory.
 

This photo was taken yesterday in the Fairy Garden just after Victoria had finished chemotherapy treatment. Victoria and Alexandra are fully engaged in exploring the garden and finding all the hidden garden statues.
 
Victoria has not experienced complete hair loss. Nor has there been the need for a platelet transfusion. Or in fact, no transfusion of any kind. Please continue to pray that Victoria will remain well for this final 4 months of treatment.
 
Please pray for me, this past year of weekly trips to the hospital for either treatment or other appointments has taken a toll emotionally on me. Some weeks all is good, however, yesterday as I reflected on the amount of times we have driven to the hospital, sat in the paediatric oncology day unit, received various news from doctors, stayed overnight(s) in the J1 ward, it all just got too much. It was a struggle to do even the simple things when we got home.
 
I thought to myself, how am I going to keep this up for another 4 months? Yes, I know the treatment is working, and Victoria is so well, and I am so grateful for that. But it is the mechanics of doing each day that is getting a bit hard at the moment. And those are the thoughts I went to sleep with.
 
This morning, when I got up, the first thing I wrote in my journal was 'Dear God, please give me strategies to get through this next 4 months.' By the end of my devotions time, this was the strategy I had received from God, 'Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God provisions. You'll find your everyday human concerns will be met.'  Luke 12v29-32 (The Message).
 
Thank you for your prayers and support, we so need them as we continue to gather strength, wisdom and peace from our God to get through each day, especially me!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Crinau said...

Victoria is a wonderful and vibrant child. You'll find your everyday human concerns will be met. Now that's a good strategy.